How to Raise a Warranty for Your Temperzone Air Conditioner
As Adelaide’s warranty agents, T&K Airpower deals with warranty claims for Temperzone air conditioning units every day. Your Temperzone air conditioner warranty is in place to protect you from manufacturing defects for an initial period after purchasing the product, this is generally 5 years for domestic products. Although your air conditioning unit might be under warranty, there are a few key things to remember before calling the manufacturer.
- The warranty covers manufacturer defects and won’t necessarily cover misuse, modifications, neglect and damage caused by other objects like sticks, stones, vehicles etc.
- If your air conditioner stops working, it is best to request the installer to return and inspect the unit prior to raising a warranty request. If the installer has installed the unit incorrectly or left a fault during the installation, you may end up with the bill to fix something they should’ve fixed free of cost.
- Check the basics. Check the unit is set to the correct temperature and mode. Heating for Winter and cooling for Summer for Adelaide’s Mediterranean climate. Visit our FAQ page for more useful information.
- Record the fault code. Some air conditioning units will display a fault when it stops working correctly. Ensure you write this down or photograph it with a camera/phone. This will assist the warranty service provider in narrowing down the faulty component/s.
- What is the model and serial number of your air conditioning unit? Your Temperzone serial number is the main piece of information required to raise a warranty.
- Proof of purchase. Paperwork proving the purchase/installation date of your air conditioning unit will be required to process your air conditioning warranty claim.
Raising a Warranty Request Through Temperzone’s Warranty Portal
Temperzone has created a quick and easy way to log a warranty request if your Temperzone air conditioner faults during the warranty period. Most manufacturers make raising a warranty a nightmare but with this portal, Temperzone has really streamlined this process making it as painless as possible. With SMS/email updates, you are kept in the loop every step of the way.
To visit the Temperzone Warranty page click HERE.
The Temperzone Warranty Process
Ensure you have read the first section of this article to know raising a warranty is the right step forward.
Go to the Temperzone warranty webpage warranty.temperzone.com.au
Select the product you have. Temperzone is also the Australian distributor of Hitachi Air Conditioning products. Hitachi Warranty can also be raised through this portal.
Type in your air conditioning unit serial number. This is a 5 – 6 digit number on the side of your unit. The serial number is generally stamped onto a black piece of metal and pop-riveted onto the side of the unit.
The model, name of the installer and the date of purchase should auto-fill in the spaces provided.
if your serial number does auto-fill the model and installer details, your unit may not be under warranty any longer. Call Temperzone on 1800 12 1800 or your installer to confirm your Temperzone unit is under warranty.
Write the fault information as detailed as possible. Include any fault codes and specific circumstances around when the unit faulted e.g. during hot weather only, trips circuit breaker etc.
Fill in your contact details correctly. This information is sent directly to the Authorised Service Provider to allow fast contact and resolution of your Temperzone Air Conditioning fault. Ensuring the correct mobile and email address is logged will help keep you in the loop via text and email notifications.
Wait for the Authorised Service Provider in your area to contact you. This is generally done within 6 hours of lodging a warranty request but can be longer if there is a high demand e.g. A hot week in Summer.
Once the Temperzone Authorised Service Provider contacts you, they will organise the next available time and date for a Temperzone specialist technician to attend and diagnose the fault with your Temperzone Air Conditioning unit.
Important Things to Note:
- Your unit is covered for manufacturing faults and defects only. If a non-manufacturing defect is found, you may need to pay for the attending technician’s time at your home. Your Temperzone Authorised Service Provider should explain this and/or their charges prior to booking the warranty call.
- Some issues may arise due to poor installation. It is important you contact your installer prior to raising a warranty to ensure they have an opportunity to rectify any fault due to an installation error.
- During busy months, the Authorised Service Company may take longer than expected to attend. Please be patient, they will have an influx of jobs during the heat of Summer and the freeze of Winter. You are important and every effort will be made to attend ASAP.
- If your air conditioning Temperzone unit is repaired under warranty, the report is sent directly back to Temperzone for assessment. Should you require information from this report, please contact Temperzone directly on 1800 21 1800 and speak with the warranty department for further assistance.
- T&K Airpower is Adelaide’s leading domestic and commercial air conditioning service and repair specialist. T&K Airpower currently looks after the warranty work for Temperzone, Hitachi and Mitsubishi Electric in Adelaide, South Australia and spends the majority of its time fixing poor installations and manufacturing faults. With almost 30 years in the business in Adelaide, T&K Airpower continues to be a leaders in their field.