How to raise a warranty for your Temperzone air conditioner
As Adelaide’s warranty agents, T&K Airpower deal with warranty claims for Temperzone air conditioning units every day. Your Temperzone air conditioner warranty is in place to protect you from manufacturing defects for an initial period after purchasing the product, this generally 5 years for domestic products. Although your air conditioning unit might be under warranty, there are a few key things to remember before calling the manufacturer.
- The warranty covers manufacturer defects and won’t necessarily cover misuse, modifications, neglect and damage caused by other objects like sticks, stones, vehicles etc.
- If your air conditioner stops working, it is best to request the installer to return and inspect the unit prior to raising a warranty request. If the installer has installed the unit incorrectly or left a fault during the installation, you may end up with the bill to fix something they should’ve fixed free of cost.
- Check the basics. Check the unit is set to the correct temperature and mode. Heating for Winter and cooling for Summer for Adelaide’s mediterranean climate. Visit our FAQ page for more useful information.
- Record the fault code. Some air conditioning units will display a fault when it stops working correctly. Ensure you write this down or photograph it with a camera/phone. This will assist the warranty service provider narrow down the faulty component/s.
- What is the model and serial number of your air conditioning unit. Your Temperzone serial number the main piece of information required to raise a warranty.
- Proof of purchase. Paperwork proving the purchase/installation date of your air conditioning unit will be required to process your air conditioning warranty claim.
Raising a warranty request through Temperzone’s warranty portal
Temperzone has created a quick and easy way to log a warranty request if your Temperzone air conditioner faults during the warranty period. Most manufacturers make raising a warranty a nightmare but with this portal Temperzone has really streamlined this process making it as painless as possible. With SMS/email updates, you are kept in the loop every step of the way.
To visit the Temperzone Warranty page click HERE
The Temperzone Warranty Process
Ensure you have read the first section of this article to know raising a warranty is the right step forward.
Go to the Temperzone warranty webpage warranty.temperzone.com.au
Select the product you have. Temperzone are also the Australian distributors for Hitachi Air Conditioning products. Hitachi Warranty can also be raised through this portal.
Type in your air conditioning unit serial number. This is a 5 - 6 digit number on the side of your unit. The serial number is generally stamped onto a black piece of metal and pop riveted onto the side of the unit.
The model, name of the installer and the date of purchase should auto fill in the spaces provided.
IF YOUR SERIAL NUMBER DOES AUTO FILL THE MODEL AND INSTALLER DETAILS, YOUR UNIT MAY NOT BE UNDER WARRANTY ANY LONGER. CALL TEMPERZONE ON 1800 12 1800 OR YOUR INSTALLER TO CONFIRM YOUR TEMPERZONE UNIT IS UNDER WARRANTY.
Write the fault information as detailed as possible. Include any fault codes and specific circumstances around when the unit faulted eg during hot weather only, trips circuit breaker etc.
Fill in your contact details correctly. This information is sent directly to the Authorised Service Provider to allow fast contact and resolution of your Temperzone Air Conditioning fault. Ensuring the correct mobile and email address is logged will help keep you in the loop via text and email notifications.
Wait for the Authorised Service Provider in your area to contact you. This is generally done within 6 hours of lodging a warranty request but can be longer if there is a high demand eg A hot week in Summer.
Once the Temperzone Authorised Service Provider contacts you, they will organise the next available time and date for a Temperzone specialist technician to attend and diagnose the fault with your Temperzone Air Conditioning unit.
Important things to note:
- Your unit is covered for manufacturing faults and defects only. If a non manufacturing defect is found, you may need to pay for the attending technicians time at your home. Your Temperzone Authorised Service Provider should explain this and/or their charges prior to booking the warranty call.
- Some issues may arise due to poor installation. It is important you contact your installer prior to raising a warranty to ensure they have an opportunity to rectify any fault due to an installation error.
- During busy months, the Authorised Service Company may take longer than expected to attend. Please be patient, they will have an influx of jobs during the heat of Summer and the freeze of Winter. You are important and every effort will be made to attend ASAP.
- If your air conditioning Temperzone unit is repaired under warranty, the report is sent directly back to Temperzone for assessment. Should you require information from this report, please contact Temperzone directly on 1800 21 1800 and speak with the warranty department for further assistance.
- T&K Airpower is Adelaide’s leading domestic and commercial air conditioning service and repair specialists. T&K Airpower currently look after the warranty work for Temperzone, Hitachi and Mitsubishi Electric in Adelaide, South Australia and spend the majority of their time fixing poor installations and manufacturing faults. With over 20 years in the business in Adelaide, T&K Airpower continue to be leaders in their field.
T&K Airpower is Adelaide’s leading domestic and commercial air conditioning service and repair specialists. T&K Airpower currently look after the warranty work for Temperzone, Hitachi and Mitsubishi Electric in Adelaide, South Australia and spend the majority of their time fixing poor installations and manufacturing faults. With over 20 years in the business in Adelaide, T&K Airpower continue to be leaders in their field.
Call 08 8296 7888 to Book A Service Today
Or complete the form below and one of our friendly staff will call you within 24 hours.
Please pass on our thanks to your technician (Sean) for the first class work he did for us. He was thorough and clear with his advice for the ongoing care of the unit, pleasant and efficient.
"Excellent service and products really happy with my split fitted. Highly recommend Brad and his team!"
I'm writing to thank you and T&K (especially Brett and Sam) for their efforts to restore my air conditioning. The new fan motor is now purring away, and I'm astonished to find that it is almost silent. I appreciate the comprehensive and high-quality service provided by T&K.
Rose Park, SA
We chose T&K Airpower as Oliver was prompt and informative in the selection of our replacement aircon system, and the installation was done professionally and works very well. On time and no hesitation to correct a small follow up issue that arose, but was quickly resolved by Marty.
Rose Park, SA
Wow was the only word I could think of to describe the customer service that your company provides.
Over the last 4 years I have unsuccessfully attempted to get a fault corrected in the Temperzone RC Ducted AC unit that is installed at our residence. Today I was pointed in the direction of T & K Airpower (by Temperzone HO in Sydney) as being the service company to approach. From the initial phone call to your Company, I was truly impressed with how my situation was handled. Millie was helpful, knowledgeable and empathetic to the situation and, I feel, went out of her way to ensure that I received a good outcome. She was a delight to deal with and should be commended.
The fact that the service call was able to be scheduled for the same day, despite the location being on the Southern Fleurieu at Victor Harbor, was a bonus. And your service men, Brett and Sam arrived at the scheduled time! They were well presented, professional and were able to resolve the problem within a very short time. Another added bonus was that they carried the spare parts necessary to fix the problem. Within a hour of their arrival, we had a perfectly operating AC system again.
Brett also took the time to answer all our questions and took us through the best operating procedure for the system.
Margaret & Graham
"As for the work done, fantastic! Very pleased with the installation. I went and had a look on the weekend and spoke to the tenants. The job was done very neatly and the tenants praised the professionalism of your staff. It was a lot different to what they said about the other AC company."
Mawson Lakes, SA
We have just had our air conditioner serviced and some parts replaced by Sean and Abbey. Their level of service was outstanding. They were efficient, friendly, professional and cleaned up after themselves! THANKS.
"Great all round professionals .They supplied and installed my split a/c at a very reasonable price. Highly recommend."
Tea Tree Gully, SA
"Awesome service from a really excellent and friendly team."
Banksia Park, SA
“Excellent service from everybody in the T&K team. I would highly recommend them - they always go above and beyond!”